Mountain Home Health Care is currently seeking a full-time Billing Specialist to provide support to our billing department. The position will ensure that required clinical documentation is completed in a timely manner to support the timely and accurate billing of clinical services, with a focus on, regulatory compliance, process flow, and billing support production.
• Printing, tracking, logging and following up on physician orders.
• Calling physicians’ offices and following up on delinquent orders and face-to-face documentation.
• Assist in verifying insurance eligibility
• Follows up with on unpaid claims, and takes action to correct issues delaying payment.
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills when communicating with patients, and facilities.
• Completes special assignments and projects with minimal supervision and consistently meets the department’s performance, production and quality standards
• Demonstrates knowledge and compliance with insurance local state and federal regulations related to billing.
• Maintain knowledge of functional area and company policies and procedures.
• Communicate with Clinical staff about missing or inconsistent information for claims submission process.
• Analyzes and respond to payer rejections, gathering more information as required to resubmit claims.
• Communicate with Clinical and Operational staff about implications of payer rejections.
• Collaborate with colleagues on claims generated through submitted documentation by clinical staff.
• Generate weekly and monthly reports on claim status.
• Data entry.
• Provide administrative support to billing team and Intake.
• Cross-training for other positions within the Billing Department and Intake Department.
• Minimum High School Diploma or equivalency
• 1 year of experience in an office setting.
• Healthcare, medical terminology and third-party payer knowledge preferred
• Strong skills with MS office and windows applications
• Proficient personal computer skills
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality. Processes correspondence with adherence to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines
• Ability to work in a team fostered environment
Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills, the ability to multitask in a fast-paced dynamic environment while maintaining a positive and professional attitude at all times. Must thrive in an independent setting, with impeccable organizational skill. A proven record of integrity and reliability are a must. Background and reference check will be required.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter. Please include responses to the following questions:
• Why are you applying for this opportunity?
• How are you a good fit for this role?
• What relevant experience do you have for the position?
Mountain Home Health Care offers a competitive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off accrual, paid holidays, short term disability as well as many more.
Please contact Abbie Jackson for more information at 575-440-0008 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.